Following general guidelines help to handle an infection in the public places, offices and commercial facilities. This blog is specific to general recommended practices to safeguard people from contracting COVID-19 virus (Check local government requirements that supersede these)
- Maintain distance of atleast 1 mtr in public places as far as feasible.
- Always use face covers/masks while going out from home.
- Minimum touch with article and human Being –no handshake.
- Sanitize hands as much as possible.
- Maintain social distancing inside vehicle while going to the office.
- Avoid large gathering
- Practice frequent hand washing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds).
- Sanitize home, workplaces regularly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest to the immediate supervisory officer.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- Make sure your workplaces are clean and hygienic
- Wipe surfaces and objects with disinfectant regularly
- Put sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace. Make sure these dispensers are regularly refilled.
- Display posters promoting hand-washing.
- Make sure that staff, contractors and customers have access to places where they can wash their hands with soap and water.
- Display posters promoting respiratory hygiene. Combine this with other communication.
- For offices ensure training of all employees and contract associates for Precautions against Covid-19.
WHO is good resource of information on every kind of updates over Covid-19 virus worldwide. They have published many documents about COVID-19 in January this year which includes technical guidance, on how to find and test cases, how to provide safe and appropriate care for people depending on the severity of their illness, how to trace and quarantine contacts, how to prevent transmission from one person to another, how to protect health care workers, and how to help communities to respond appropriately.
The Government of India issued various important guidelines, helpline information for citizens response to Covid-19 on website.